Thursday, May 22, 2008

Class# 155; AYC DC Mysore Class # 9: New Patterns

So I received my new, cute JCrew shoes. After my last post I thought that I could easily hold onto these shoes and wear them every once in a while. You know, for that all "important" meeting or nights out on the town with CoffeeShop Girl and the Sophisticate.

OH. MY. GOSH.


My arch is too high and after only a couple of days wearing flats, I think the bones, tendons and ligaments in my feet are starting to settle back to where they are supposed to be.

Just like the shifts that are occurring in my practice. I noticed this morning that I'm not having to think about what pose comes next, that I can focus on the vinyasas - the inhalations and exhalations and their corresponding movements and dristi (gaze point). And slowly breaking some of the more "cutsy" habits I've pickeed-up over almost a year of practice. I've been consistently wearing high heels for the 4+ years I've been in DC and I'm already starting to break the high-heeled-habit.

Sometimes what's cute and what you're accustomed to are maybe not the best things. It's time to settle into new patterns and begin to truly be honest.

No comments: