Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Class# 184; AYC DC Mysore Class # 34: Uno Mas.

Sunday I was going along grooving into Navasana and moved into Urdhva Dhanuarasana (UD). Hanging out while in my third, half way upside down, K comments that he should have added Bhuja Pindasana a few days ago and noted that I always seem to have started back bending when he heads over to add it. Yesterday, after finishing 4 or 5 repetitions of Navasana, I vinyasaed out and dutifully knelt on my mat patiently waiting for the mysterious Buja Pindasana to be revealed.

I had some inclination of what theoretically should happen. Yet again, theory and practice don't always meet true like a beautiful dovetail joint on the first attempt. I had no difficulty linking my feet, but I encountered some difficulty when it came to dropping my chin 5mm from the mat and lifting my toes from the mat. All in due time. *BUT* I managed to transition out and held a close approximation
Tittibhasana A resulting in my amazement, leading my collapse into a sweaty pile during my transition to Chaturanga Dandasana.

I regained my composure, thinking at least K doesn't know that D and J are trying to get me to stand from
UD (or at least he doesn't let on) and I move on to back bending and to finishing. Soon I found myself prepping for Sirasana A, aka headstand, without pausing for an assist. My first full on Shala solo attempt which ended up something likened to Viparita Dandasana.

K came over to my mat, smiling, motioning for me to repeat
Sirasana A. I was spent, between the Buja, Titti A, and UD, still, up I went for 20 breaths, with only a simple light assist. Of course this is easily likened to the times I've been out with CoffeeShop Girl and Vespa Boy and another Pisco Sour magically appeared in hand.

I knew I shouldn't but...why not?
Uno Mas.

No comments: