Over a year of blogging and I have finally been tagged by a member of Bauhaus! She who wears fabulous shoes (and liturgically correct ones at that) while in her Sunday best.
- Lingering in conversation over a meal with my parents and/or friends.
- Driving solo through the back roads or coastal roads of New England, windows rolled down and the heat on high during a crisp late fall night.
- Tomato soup and homemade baked mac & cheese on a rainy day.
- That something will happen to my parents and I will not be around/able to help them.
- Not waking if I have an asthma attack while sleeping at night.
- Cicadas and grasshoppers.
- 1st Edition Books
3 Surprising facts:
- While in the Boston area I worked for a rare/used/first edition book seller and know something about book repair and binding.
- I have over 15 pairs of argyle socks.
- For Christmas one year, the Mathematician and the Artist gave me a beautiful set of African blackwood bagpipes.
In filling this out I got to thinking about how drastically these have changed for me over the last couple years - and how quickly the answers can change. I noticed it was hard for me to limit joys and obsessions/collections - do I go with my top 3? or do i pick the most interesting? I compromised between these two. Would it be cheating if I mentioned that reading a good children's book, watching cartoons, and art were top contenders for joys?
As for my fears and surprising facts, I had to really think about them. On the part of fear, because as a means to escape/survive our fears, our minds have been conditioned to rationalize them away or avoid them. Once I opened up to these three a host more flooded in. Upon reflection and unlike joys, the greater number seemed fairly selfish. On the part of surprising facts, I try to bring as much transparency to all of my relationships as possible, even within the "anonymity" of this blog - so I assume that most people know everything there is to know about me. Which is probably far from reality of the situation.
* * *
And so, I tag: Fluellen, LegalMama, and Nairam