Monday, December 10, 2007

One Year Markers; The Second of Two.

One year ago my life radically changed.
One year ago, many of our lives changed.

But our lives change on a daily basis.


I've been thinking long and hard about today and looking at the words I wrote in August for some possible inspiration. Some might say that of late I've retreated a bit into myself, spending more time with my meditation and yoga practices - seeking stillness, seeking presence.

In life we search for those activities and people who help us live with happiness, fullness and awareness, even in our darkest times.

When we find those, we are truly blessed.


It's not easy to live in the present. It's not easy to regard difficult situations as challenges or opportunities for growth and development. After events pass, in reality they become nothing more than memory. Yes events change your path. The challenge then lies with allowing the memory, or impression, of an event to be just that and to be defined solely by its own time.


I cannot put things any more eloquently or succinctly than Kofi Busia, "the teacher we seek is the one who can help us forget the things we should never have remembered and to remember the things we should never have forgotten."*

Shanti.




*Brusia, Kofi. ed. Iyengar: The Yoga Master. Shambala: Boston, 2007. 86.

1 comment:

Sarah K. said...

Hello, dear one. You've been in my thoughts and prayers the last few days, as has Will. You are loved.