Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hello!


I woke up this morning and had this strong desire to begin blogging. I can only think this was brought on by two things:


1. Imitation. The sincerest form of flattery. (Yes, CoffeeShop Girl)
2. Timing.

Wearing my first pair of expensive shoes (purchased at BR in 2002) and juggling my navy blue Kate Spade purse, gym bag, and yoga mat, with the crowds on the Metro this morning - the concept came to me in what can best be described as a purple epiphany. Immediately, I pulled out my moleskine and began frantically brainstorming ideas for this blog. In recent months, as many are well aware, my world was quite literally turned upside down and inside out. I’ve talked at length with my parents (The Mathematician & The Artist), Courtroom Cowboy, Sophisticate and CoffeeShop Girl about life and recently often about yoga, coinciding with my deeper involvement with the practice. I am a firm believer that things occur as they do within a time and a place for a very specific reason.

Tonight is my first hot-Baptiste-power yoga class and I’ve always wanted to try my hand at a blog. Why not share the beginning and the process? I figure, now is as good a time as any other.

So often we are caught up in the product. For me, yoga is about process, evolution, revolution, and learning – much like life when you get down to it.

I’m not going to bore you with the specifics now, they will trickle out in their own time. Ultimately, I hope my words can provoke some thoughts. Always feel free to comment, agree, disagree, or share something.

Grab a nice cup of tea, sit back, stay awhile.

No comments: